Around the Web on Wheels: 03.22.07By Jessica | Permalink | No Comments | March 22nd, 2007 | Trackback
The wheels on the bike go round and round… All the way to Milano-Sanremo this Saturday. Wahoo!
- It’s all Milano-Sanremo, all the time. Kind of. Here’s an overview of the race, here’s a course profile (with some closeups of the final climbs), and here are the start lists. Danilo Di Luca (Liquigas) is still sick with the flu, so won’t be competing this year, which is too bad. This is the race every Italian would love to win. Remember Petacchi’s win a few years ago? The man was crying, for pete’s sake… And as far as I know, Cycling.tv will be carrying the race live on Saturday on their Versus channel.
- If you thought the last-minute pow-wow in Belgium that made Paris-Nice possible this year would solve all the ProTour issues, I’ve got a bridge I’d like to sell you. Scroll down a bit here and look for “ProTour tug-of-war continues.” It’s amazing how petty some people can be.
- Vino won’t be riding Milano-Sanremo, but he’s looking forward to having Tirreno-Adriatico winner Andreas Klöden on his Tour de France team.
- Looking ahead to the Tour de Georgia, five teams have already confirmed their lineups - including Discovery, CSC, Quick Step and Tinkoff.
- Team Unibet.com will be racing under a different name and jersey in France, since they’re not allowed to use their official name… They’ll now be Team Canyon.com wearing black and orange, but only in France. The UCI has already okay’d this move, they’re just waiting for a response from the ASO.
- The Fat Cyclist thinks it’s not the dopers who are killing cycling, and I think I might agree with him. Choice line: “Somebody get a big, family sized roll of duct tape and wrap it around Dick Pound’s (WADA) and Pat McQuaid’s (UCI) faces until they can no longer speak. Every time they open their mouths, cycling gets worse.” Amen. Definitely worth a read, this article.
- Semi-local boy Tyler Farrar (Cofidis) didn’t make it to the end of Paris-Nice (he had the sniffles), and is refocusing on the Classics.
- Finally, I have no idea how they got this picture, but it’s damned cool.
No more commentsUnfortunately commenting has been removed on this blog due to spam.
- RTW Trip Planner
- Search Youth Hostels
- Cheap Air Tickets
- Travel Insurance Guide
- Travel Message Boards
- World Adventures
- Write for Cycling Logue Plan a Cycling Trip
- Where to Stay
- Subscribe to Cycling RSS Feed